Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
But let’s get a show of hands for who LOVES cleaning their bathroom?
No, not who loves the finished effect of a lovely clean bathroom.
Who actually loves going through the process week in, week out!
Exactly! But, fear not.
For here’s a post on time saving bathroom cleaning hacks.
Read on to find out more…
Tips and Tricks For Cleaning Your Bathroom FAST!
Add White Vinegar to Your Toilet Tank
This is the ULTIMATE prevention is better than cure cleaning hack!
Fill a jar with white wine vinegar, put a few holes in the lid and place the jar inside the water tank of your toilet.
Doing this will keep your toilet clean for weeks, literally obliterating the need to clean in daily.
This tip is from our 10 Genius Time Saving Cleaning Hacks post which is proving rather popular with Mums Make Lists fellow readers.
A Daily Wipe
Do this micro cleaning routine daily to help keep bathroom grime at bay. It’s quite unbelievable how much a two minute daily wipe cuts down the time you spend overall cleaning your bathroom.
- Wipe around basin, bath top and taps with a microfibre cloth
- Use a separate microfibre cloth – I like the glass and polishing cloths by e-Cloth to wipe the bathroom mirror of steam
- Squeegee the shower – I have the Oxo Good Grips All Purpose Squeegee and it is fab for scraping the water off the inside of the shower cubicle
- Wipe around the external parts of the toilet – cistern, seat and top of lid – with toilet paper
Yes, that’s it! I told you it was a micro routine!
A Weekly Fast Clean
This is a slightly deeper clean that you can do weekly and should take you a max of 15 minutes.
You’ll need a set of microfibre cloths to hand. I can’t tell you how much microfibre cloths speed up the cleaning process. I have a large stack of them in our laundry room, with a couple to hand in each bathroom and the kitchen.
I have both the regular cloths and the Glass and Polish cloths, which are perfect for mirrors and windows (the clue is in the name I guess!).
- Spritz shower with shower cleaner, rinse with shower and wipe with microfibre cloth.
- Spritz all other surfaces (apart from mirrors and toilet) with bathroom cleaner and do a quick power wipe.
- Spritz external parts of toilet and wipe with toilet roll
- Pop toilet cleaner in bowl and give a super powered clean with the toilet brush
- Vacuum floor and give it a quick mop
- Spritz mirrors and windows with glass cleaner and wipe with microfibre cloth
- Empty the bin and line it with a biodegradable liner, so that you can simply lift out the rubbish / trash each week, rather than have to move the bin
- Use olive oil to shine chrome – faucets / taps, plug holes. It literally takes seconds and brings them up SUPER shiny**
**This last hack is taken from our popular 6 Natural Bathroom Cleaning Hacks post, take a peak to gen up on some other great hacks for using natural products to keep your bathroom chemical free and super clean.
Dishwash Your Bathroom Pots
The toothbrush holder, the soap dish… bathroom pots and jars can get super grimy .
They are also super fiddly to clean.
So once a week gather them up and pop them in the dishwasher.
They’ll come out sparkly clean and hygienic with minimal effort.
Let it Breathe!
Make sure to open the bathroom window after a shower or bath, even in the depths of winter.
The more air a bathroom gets, the less likely it is to get fuggy and start growing mould.
Not got a window? Try and leave the extractor fan on for an extended period, if this means leaving the door ajar, don’t sweat it, that will let the air circulate in the bathroom as well.
Make it Smell Sweeter
I LOVE this simple hack.
It isn’t necessarily a time saver in itself, but bathrooms that smell fresh at all times feel SO MUCH cleaner than those that don’t.
So, here’s what you do….
When you change the toilet roll, add a few drops of essential oil to the inside of the cardboard toilet roll itself.
How easy is that!
Pin for later: