Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Eton Mess has long been a favourite dessert of mine, both to eat and to make. Well especially to make because, in short, any fool can make it. Legend has it that it was first served up in the tuck shop of posh-o British boys’ school Eton, a mess of fruit and cream.
So how do you turn Eton Mess into Easter Eton Mess? With chocolate eggs of course! Want to try the recipe out for yourself? Here’s what you’ll need:
Easter Eton Mess Ingredients
- 1 x full size chocolate Easter egg
- 1 x packet of mini eggs – Cadbury’s are the original, but Marks & Spencer do a very lovely alternative
- 250ml whipping cream
- 300g strawberries
- 1 packet of meringues (use mini meringues and you can say they’re bunny tails, go on, knock yourself out)
- 1 bottle of chocolate sauce (optional)
How to make Easter Eton Mess
Ideally you should make this dessert shortly before serving it, but if that idea fries your brain, get all the ingredients ready ahead of time, store the whipped cream in the fridge, then splodge it all together just before you serve it.
- Blend or mash up the strawberries to a strawberry purée
- Whip the cream until it’s stiff
- Break up the chocolate egg
- Stir the strawberry purée into the cream
- Add a sprinkling of mini eggs
- Chuck in a handful of broken up chocolate egg
- crunch up some of the mini meringues into the mixture
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl or onto a serving dish
- Add more mini eggs and meringues
- Squirt delicious swirls of chocolate sauce over the lot
Et voilá! Easter Eton Mess. It looks pretty, it will have the kiddos eyes out on stalks and it takes all of ten minutes to prepare. What’s not to love?!