Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Potato stamp craft for toddlers and preschoolers is a great way to get them involved in the fun of Valentine’s Day.
Get super creative by mixing heart shapes with other fun shapes. Stars and dots are super simple to do, or get crafty and create dinosaur shapes.
Then squirt out some paint and let your toddler potato stamp away and create works of art you can share with your paramour on Valentine’s Day as an extra special way to show your love.
Potato Stamp Craft For Toddlers
Quick and Simple Guide To Making Potato Stamps
- Clean potatoes of dirt
- Cut each potato in half
- Trace a design or draw the shape you want to make straight onto the potato – bear in mind you need room on the potato to cut round it.
- Use a sharp knife to cut along the lines you’ve drawn to make your shape. Cut around a quarter of an inch deep to ensure the shape is raised enough for stamping.
Quick Guide To Using Potato Stamps
- Pour poster paint colours into a paint tray or onto a plate.
- Allow your toddler to use a paint brush to add paint to each stamp.
- Watch as your toddler stamps away to create beautiful art.
- Wash potato stamps and dry them for use with another colour.
And there you have it, some super simple potato stamp craft for toddlers that is easy on the pocket and the results are easy on the eye!
If you’ve enjoyed this post please do check out other posts in our Play & Learn section and for those of you planning a special Valentine’s Day, we’ve also got some great Valentine’s craft ideas, along with foodie inspiration and fun ways to celebrate, in our Valentine’s Day section.