Not least because it can screw up all that great night time sleeping that they were suddenly getting very good at!!
Add to this the fact that every man and his dog believes themself an expert in everything teething and will insist on sharing their teething tips with you!!
There are simply loads of teething tips out there, but this is definitely an area where babies differ enormously.
The teething tips that worked for your mum or are working for your friend will not necessarily work for your little bundle.
Plus, said little bundle will suddenly decide your tried and tested solution is no good at all – got to keep you on your toes mum!
So I reckon the best thing to do is to have for 4 or 5 teething tips in your repertoire ready to go that you can offer without any hassle if the first thing you offer doesn’t work.
To help you out I’ve pulled together a list of over 20 different teething tips …
Teething Tips for Babies
- Teething tablets
- Teething gel
- Baby paracetamol / acetaminophen
- Baby ibuprofen
- Soft chewy teether
- Hard teether
- Sophie the Giraffe … we were big big fans!
- Teethers you can put in freezer
- Chewable teether tooth brush
- Teeth massager
- Teething pacifier / dummies
- Amber necklaces / bracelets
- Pressing on gums
- Cleaning gums with tooth brush and cooled boiled water
- Muslin cloth cooled in freezer to chew on
- Dummy / pacifier cooled in freezer
- Ice cubes in a mesh feeder
- Hard finger food e.g. carrot, crust
- Cold finger food e.g. cucumber, apple
- Small drink of water or diluted juice with ice cube in bottle
- Cool easy to digest food e.g. yoghurt, mostly melted icecream
- Avoid rusks because most if not all brands include sugar
- Drooling bibs and bandanas to try and keep clothes vaguely dry
- Teething pads for bags and baby carriers