This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Amazon affiliate disclosure at the bottom of this page or click here
This is a delicious and easy to follow brandy butter recipe. Brandy butter makes a delicious accompaniment to Christmas pudding and mince pies.
Traditional brandy butter recipe
Brandy butter is the ultimate accompaniment to Christmas pudding and mince pies.
I can’t tell you how much I LOVE the stuff.
My mum has to make extra to cover my brandy butter eating needs each Christmas.
This is the recipe that my mum uses.
It’s simple and easy to make.
Make it in advance and keep it in the fridge ready to serve on Christmas day.
This is a recipe for a traditional brandy butter. It's the perfect accompaniment to Christmas pudding and mince pies on Christmas day.
- 100g Unsalted butter – soft and room temperature
- 50g Icing sugar
- 50g Light brown muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 25ml Brandy or cognac - this part can be adapted to taste
- Use a hand mixer to beat the butter until it is super soft
- Add the icing sugar and mix with a wooden spoon until it is totally combined
- Add the vanilla extract and continue to mix
- Gradually add the brandy, Add a teaspoonful at a time, stir, then test. You might want to add more.
- Once mixed cover the butter and pop it in the fridge until it's ready to be served.
Adapt the amount of brandy or cognac you use to your taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
This recipe features in my Easy Christmas dinner menu post, which has a simple menu plan to create a Christmas menu that is utterly delicious but won’t leave you frazzled after making it.
Luci is the founder of Mums Make Lists. She has written about all aspects of organising family life for ten years. Her main areas of expertise are family finance and budgeting, simplifying housekeeping and family admin and kids’ party planning. Read more.