This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Amazon affiliate disclosure at the bottom of this page or click here.
Finding it hard to get paint out of kids’ clothes? This is a really quick and easy way to remove paint from clothes, including school uniform.
HOW TO GET PAINT OUT OF KIDS’ CLOTHES
Do you sigh every time another piece of your child’s clothing gets a big paint splat on it?
It’s very easy to end up with paint stains that just won’t come out.
Especially if you just rely on your washing powder or liquid to clean them out during a cycle in the washing machine.
Well, here’s my tried and trusted way to remove paint from clothes.
I’ve used this method since my daughter was little, coming home with paint over her clothes and uniform from kindergarten and school.
THE EASY WAY TO GET PAINT OUT OF KIDS’ CLOTHES – THAT REALLY WORKS
PAINT REMOVAL SUPPLIES
PAINT REMOVAL METHOD
- If there is a lot of paint, scrape off the excess with the outer bristles of the laundry brush
- Mix a good squirt of washing up liquid with water and splash it onto the paint stains. Stain removal works best when the paint is wet
- Rub the paint stains with the laundry ball or brush. Laundry balls have little bumps on the bottom of them which are great for scrubbing gently at stains in clothes
- Put your hand inside the fabric and rub the stained fabric onto your hand. This seems to work well to really rub at the stain. You will end up with what looks like an even bigger mess
- Rinse the t-shirt out with cool water
- Continue rubbing for three or four minutes
- After this time you will find all of the paint has gone from the t-shirt
- The t-shirt is now ready to go into the wash on its usual washing cycle
STEP-BY-STEP PAINT REMOVAL IN PICTURES
1. TAKE A CLEAN WHITE T-SHIRT
2. SPLATTER PAINT ON THE T-SHIRT
3. T-SHIRT AFTER RUBBING WITH WASHING UP LIQUID
4. CLEAN WHITE T-SHIRT ALL PAINT REMOVED
STEP-BY-STEP HOW TO GET PAINT OUT OF KIDS’ CLOTHES VIDEO
So there you have it, a super easy – and effective – way to remove paint stains from kids’ clothes.
This method is great for getting out all types of water-based kids’ paint, including poster paint.
It’s particularly useful to know this paint removal tip when you have school-age kids, there are so many times they will come home with paint on their school uniform.
Of course, this method of paint removal is also great for removing paint from adult clothes.
I hope you’ve found this post useful.
I’ve got a whole bunch of other family household management posts you might find useful too.
- Housework essentials shopping list
- Easy housework routine for working mums
- Essential housework tips
- Ten genius ways to use a lint roller
- Spring cleaning checklist
- 7 Genius cleaning hacks
- How to clean your house fast
- How to clean burnt pans
- Green cleaning tips to make your life easier
- Time-saving cleaning hacks
- Survival mode cleaning schedule
- A simple weekly cleaning schedule
- 9 green cleaning products that really work
- Essential natural cleaning products
- How to defrost and clean the freezer
- How to clean floors naturally
- How to get rid of moths
Pin to save: