This easy Christmas baking for kids features 20 simple, few ingredients recipes from some of the best food bloggers around.
EASY CHRISTMAS BAKING FOR KIDS
Baking is a fun way to get kids involved in helping prepare for Christmas. These Christmas baking ideas are great for kids to make to give as gifts for teachers, friends and family. I’ve included some classic baking recipes, such as Rudolph cookies and gingerbread men and also some more unusual baking ideas, like tin can mini Christmas cakes, which use baked bean tins to bake in!
Take a look at the list and discover the best festive recipes to keep kids busy this Christmas. Choose from cookies, cupcakes, Christmas cake, shortbread, brownies, a brilliant cake mix cheat, a festive bread and lastly, check out a brilliant recipe for glossy frosting that actually hardens.
I’ve chosen easy Christmas baking for kids recipes that have few ingredients because that keeps things simple for kids and keeps the cost down for parents trying to budget for Christmas.
CHRISTMAS BAKING IDEAS FOR KIDS
1. RUDOLPH NOSE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
These adorable Rudolph Nose Cookies by Mommy Travels are super easy to make and taste amazing.
2. ELF POOP CHRISTMAS COOKIES – A WHITE CHOCOLATE HAYSTACK RECIPE
These elf poop Christmas cookies are a quick and easy no-bake cookie recipe the kids love to make as it means their favorite Elf on the Shelf is back in town!
3. EASY RUDOLPH REINDEER CHOCOLATE CRISPIE CAKES
Turn classic chocolate crispy cakes into a fun Christmas treat for kids by adding simple reindeer faces to make these easy Rudolf the reindeer crispy cakes! Thanks Eats Amazing for a brilliantly simple but fun recipe!
4. LOW SUGAR REINDEER COOKIES
Did you know if you turn a gingerbread man cookie cutter upside down it becomes a reindeer? These low sugar reindeer cookies from My Kids Lick The Bowl are a super fun baking project with kids.
5. CHOCOLATE MINT PENGUIN STAINED GLASS COOKIES
These cute penguin cookies are a fun chocolate mint spin on traditional stained glass cookies – an easy treat recipe that’s perfect for Christmas presents! More great food fun for kids from Eats Amazing!
6. APPLE CINNAMON CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
These tasty and adorable Russian yeast cupcakes with apples, cinnamon and apple pie spices are a great alternative to usual cupcakes! A lovely recipe from Happy Kitchen.
7. TIN CAN MINI CHRISTMAS CAKES
This is such a novel idea from Eats Amazing. You bake Christmas cake mixture in baked bean tins for Mini Tin Can Christmas Cakes! With full recipe and instructions, great for baking with kids!
8. CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES – FOUR WAYS WITH ONE AMAZING DECORATING TIP
Here are some gorgeous easy to make Christmas cupcakes from The Decorated Cookie. There are instructions on how to do the cupcakes four ways with one brilliant decorating tip thrown in! Simplify your holiday baking and decorating with these Christmas cupcake ideas.
9. SNOWMAN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
These festive Snowman Peanut Butter cookies from Smack of Flavor are perfect for you and your kids to make for your next Christmas or holiday party. This peanut butter cookie recipe results in soft and chewy peanut butter cookies decorated with powdered sugar, chocolate chips and Reese’s pieces.
10. CHRISTMAS BUTTER COOKIES
These Christmas butter cookies are easy for kids to make, quick to bake and super yum to eat. A great kids’ cookie recipe from Kidgredients.
11. EASY STAR COOKIE SHORTBREAD
This famous three-ingredient shortbread recipe is the easiest shortbread you’ll ever make… all you need is butter, plain flour and icing sugar! Then use a star shaped cookie cutter. Such a lovely recipe to make with kids from Bake Play Smile.
12. CHRISTMAS CUTOUT COOKIES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
These Christmas cutout cookies are a fun tradition that the Mighty Mrs family makes every year. Everyone, kids included, has fun decorating them with their own flair!
13. SUPER EASY CHRISTMAS REINDEER BROWNIES
This cute-as-a-button Christmas Reindeer Brownies recipe for kids to bake from Bake Play Smile is sure to be a hit at class Christmas parties and end of year celebrations!
14. NO CHILL GINGERBREAD COOKIES FOR KIDS
Food Meanderings created this no-chill recipe for making gingerbread characters quickly without the need to chill the dough, perfect for kids who don’t want to wait around to cut out their gingerbread characters! Everything can be done in less than 2 hours! NO CHILL time AND NO STOVETOP cooking either!
15. MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX COOKIES
Now, I love a cake mix cheat (see my post on some seriously delicious cake mix cheats) so this Mint Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies recipe by Coffee With Us 3 is a winner for me! With just four ingredients for the cookies and one ingredient for the frosting, these cookies can be thrown together by kids in minutes!
16. POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES
These Polish Christmas cookies from Recipes From A Pantry, are the perfect make-ahead festive treat for kids to bake. They are easy to make, with pantry ingredients and bake in just eight minutes.
17. NUTELLA SHORTBREAD – EASY 3-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE COOKIES
This super easy three-ingredient chocolate cookies recipe by Family Friends Food uses Nutella as an ingredient. Given that most kids LOVE Nutella (or other chocolate nut spreads!) it is sure to be a winner for kids to make as a Christmas gift for teachers and friends, or simply to bake and then eat. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to make them super Christmassy.
18. EASY CHRISTMAS TREE COOKIES
This easy Christmas Tree Cookies recipe from Apply To Face Blog is delicious and such fun. Make them with children for festive fabulousness.
19. HOLIDAY PISTACHIO BREAD
Holiday pistachio bread is a super simple quick bread that starts with a cake mix. Make it with your kids and give the lovely-hued loaves for delicious handmade Christmas gifts! Such a great recipe from Margin Making Mom.
20. GLOSSY SUGAR ICING (THAT HARDENS)
And finally, this is a brilliant glossy sugar icing recipe from Bake It With Love you and your kids can use for icing Christmas cookies. The best thing is that this easy to make icing actually hardens, so it’s great for using on cookies that will be gifts or cookies for hanging on the Christmas tree.
I really hope that at least one of these recipes finds its way into your Christmas activities for your kids in the run-up to the festive season. Easy Christmas baking for kids is one of a whole bunch of Christmas posts I’ve got on Mums Make Lists to make Christmas and preparing for Christmas just that little bit simpler for parents. You can find the other posts in the Christmas section.
- THE HOME OF CHRISTMAS ON MUMS MAKE LISTS
- WEEK BY WEEK CHRISTMAS PLANNER
- SIMPLE CHRISTMAS GIFT SHOPPING PLANNER
- EASY HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
- 21 DIY GIFT WRAPPING IDEAS AND TUTORIALS
- EASY CHRISTMAS BAKING TREATS FOR KIDS
- 10 DIY DOLLAR STORE DECORATIONS
- 18 CHRISTMAS CAKE DECORATING IDEAS
- CHRISTMAS CRAFTS TO KEEP KIDS OCCUPIED
- 10 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR HOME SMELL LIKE CHRISTMAS
- DELICIOUS NONALCOHOLIC MOCKTAILS
- HOMEMADE ADVENT CALENDARS
- SCANDINAVIAN DECORATIONS FOR THE HOME
- HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATES AND SWEETS
- ECO-FRIENDLY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
- THE BEST STOCKING FILLER IDEAS FOR KIDS
- HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE CHRISTMAS EVE BOX FOR KIDS
- EASY CHRISTMAS DINNER MENU
- CHRISTMAS LETTER BOARDS AND ICONS
- HOW TO MAKE AN EASY BUT BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS WREATH
- EASY CHRISTMAS MARSHMALLOW CRAFT RECIPES
- 100 GREAT IDEAS FOR EASY HOMEMADE GIFTS
- ZERO WASTE CHRISTMAS IDEAS
- 11 ZERO WASTE CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS
- HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CANDY GIFTS
- EASY CROCKPOT CHRISTMAS CANDY
- CHRISTMAS CROCKPOT SLOW COOKER DRINKS
- CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS AND THEMES
- 16 HOMEMADE GIFT TAG IDEAS
- WASHI TAPE CHRISTMAS CRAFT IDEAS
- DIY MASON JAR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
- MASON JAR CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS
- BRILLIANT SIMPLE CHRISTMAS WREATH VIDEOS
- CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVING TIPS