This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Amazon affiliate disclosure at the bottom of this page or click here
Getting ready for Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday!! and looking for some creative ideas for sweet pancake toppings and filling? Well you’ve come to the right place.
I absolutely adore sweet pancakes and as a result I have amassed a big list of the best sweet pancake toppings and fillings around.
So take a look through the mouthwatering ideas and recipes and decide how you are going to top or fill your pancakes.
SWEET PANCAKE TOPPINGS AND FILLINGS IDEAS
This list follows on neatly from my list of savoury pancake toppings, so take a look at that if you are planning to create a whole Pancake Day meal of savoury pancakes followed by sweet pancakes – which is what my family does each year.
I’ve done a roundup of my absolute favourite ideas, which are showcased first with links to recipes. Then I’ve also put together a list of sweet toppings and fillings ideas to inspire you to create your own simple but delicious creations.
TOP TEN DELICIOUS IDEAS FOR SWEET PANCAKE FILLINGS AND TOPPINGS
Here is a list of ideas for delicious sweet pancake fillings and gorgeous homemade sauces to drizzle over pancakes.
HOMEMADE SAUCES FOR TOPPING PANCAKES
Making a quick homemade sweet sauce is a great way to add your own flourish to pancakes on Pancake Day! Here are some easy to make sauce recipes.
MORE SWEET PANCAKE TOPPINGS AND FILLING IDEAS
- Lemon juice and sugar & blueberries
- Orange juice and sugar
- Orange and lemon juice, sugar & Grand Marnièr or brandy
- Orange juice and sugar & strawberries
- Maple syrup – pure and simply delicious!
- Maple syrup and blueberries
- Maple syrup and bacon
- Maple syrup and bacon & beer
- Maple syrup with a splash of rum
- Maple syrup with a splash of whiskey
- Maple syrup with chopped pecans
- Maple syrup with pear
- Maple syrup and coconut (warm maple syrup, coconut milk & brown sugar in pan)
- Golden syrup
- Syrup and buttermilk
- Coconut syrup (sugar, water, butter & coconut extract)
- Chocolate sauce and cream
- Chocolate sauce and cream and flaked almonds
- Chocolate sauce and ice cream
- Chocolate sauce and banana & hazelnut
- Chocolate sauce and poached apple
- Chocolate sauce and Grand Marnièr
- Chocolate sauce and cherries
- Chocolate sauce and cake or ice-cream sprinkles
- Chocolate sauce and pastry cream (as in Boston cream pea aka confectioners custard)
- Greek yoghurt
- Greek yoghurt and blueberries
- Greek yoghurt and mixed berries
- Greek yoghurt and honey
- Greek yoghurt and mango
- Greek yoghurt and raspberry & lemon juice
- Peaches and cream
- Peaches and caramel sauce
- Strawberries and cream
- Strawberries and cream & chocolate sauce
- Strawberries and cream & chocolate sauce and hazel nuts
- Mixed berry syrup
- Mixed berries with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and cream
- Mixed berries and cardamon
- Honey and cashews
- Banana and honey
- Banana and honey & walnut
- Banana and honey & greek yoghurt & toasted almonds
- Banana and brown sugar
- Banana and bannoffe sauce (melt butter, sugar, syrup & water & stir in cream)
- Pineapple slices with icing sugar
- Cinnamon and poached apple
- Cinnamon and cream cheese glaze
- Ginger and poached apple
- Ginger and poached pear
- Creme fraiche
- Ice cream
- Ice cream and blueberries and honey
- Chocolate ice cream and banana
- Mascarpone and cherries
- Mascarpone and lemon curd
- Mascarpone and blueberries
- Lemon curd
- Lemon curd & blueberries
- Cranberry sauce
- Nutella and banana
- Nutella and mixed berries
- Cocoa powder
- Lemon meringue pie filling
- Glacé icing and cake sprinkles
- Ricotta cheese and honey
- Ricotta cheese and blueberries
- Ricotta cheese and lemon curd
- Ricotta cheese and lemon curd & raspberries
- Peanut butter and banana
- Peanut butter and jelly
LOOKING FOR SAVOURY PANCAKE TOPPINGS AND FILLINGS?
If you’re whipping up pancakes for Shrove Tuesday or Mardi Gras, you might also want to check out our Mardi Gras Activities for Kids post and our Things To Give Up for Lent post, with 30 ideas of things you and your family can kiss goodbye to whilst observing Lent.
And don’t forget to check out our list of healthy school day breakfast ideas, with pancakes in position number one on the list!
PIN TO SAVE:
Luci is the founder of Mums Make Lists. She has written about all aspects of organising family life for ten years. Her main areas of expertise are family finance and budgeting, simplifying housekeeping and family admin and kids’ party planning. Read more.