This is the ultimate list of pancake topping ideas for both savoury pancakes and sweet pancakes. There are 100 ideas and recipes for making delicious pancakes for Shrove Tuesday A.K.A Pancake Day and for every other day you want to eat pancakes!
100 delicious pancake toppings ideas and recipes
Pancake Day, otherwise known as Shrove Tuesday, is one of the most delicious dates in the calendar.
I loved it as a child and I still love it now.
Of course pancakes don’t have to be reserved just for Shrove Tuesday.
In our house we are rather partial to pancakes in our quick and healthy school day breakfast repertoire.
They’re also great for lazy Sunday brunches.
There’s more to pancakes than lemon and sugar…
You don’t have to stick to the traditional lemon and sugar topping combination.
In fact there are myriad different toppings you can use.
Stuck for ideas?
Here’s a list of 100 easy to create pancake toppings ideas to get your taste buds tantalised.
You’ll find the savoury toppings ideas below and you can pop to the next page for the sweet pancake toppings ideas.
Ooh and just before you dive into the list, do you want to know a GREAT pancake batter recipe?
Well, we’ve done some very thorough research and trialling and found the best recipes for a traditional British pancake / French crêpe, a heavenly American style pancake and the savoury Breton galette.
Pop over the PANCAKE BATTER RECIPES post to find details of the easy to make recipes.
100 Pancake toppings ideas
First up, some delicious ideas for savoury toppings and fillings for pancakes.
Savoury toppings for pancakes
1. Goat’s cheese, spinach and bacon pancakes
Goat’s cheese, spinach and bacon pancakes | Food Magazine
2. Green veggie pesto and goat’s cheese pancake pizza
Green veggie pesto and goat’s cheese pancake pizza | Waffle & Whisk
3. Gluten-free, vegan chickpea crepes with creamy mushrooms and spinach
Gluten free, vegan chickpea crepes with creamy mushrooms and spinach | Wallflower Kitchen
4. Spinach crepes with pan roasted vegetables
Spinach crepes with pan roasted vegetables | Happy Foods Tube
5. Blue cheese and pear
Blue cheese and pear | Plated Cravings
6. Garlic mushroom and brie
Garlic mushroom and brie | Egg Recipes
7. Pea, ham and Fontina cheese
Pea, ham and Fontina cheese | Inside the Rustic Kitchen
8. Ricotta, pea and ham
Ricotta, pea and ham | Inside The Rustic Kitchen
More savoury pancake recipe ideas…
- Bacon and maple syrup | Sainsbury’s Magazine
- Stilton and spinach with soft egg | Delicious Magazine
- Creamy garlic chicken and mushrooms | Recipes Made Easy
- Ham and cheese | BBC Food
- Green onion buttermilk pancakes | Use Real Butter
- Asparagus and ham in rich bechemel sauce | Delicious Magazine
- Goats cheese and rosemary
- Goats cheese and leek
- Goats cheese and blackberry sauce
- Goats cheese and mushroom
- Goats cheese and spinach
- Cream cheese spinach
- Cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Sour cream and smoked salmon
- Grated cheese … put it on in the pan and fold over pancake so it melts
- Cheese sauce and spinach
- Cheese sauce and broccoli
- Cheese sauce and leek and mushroom
- Fried egg and ham
- Garlic mushrooms
- Blue cheese and fig
- Chilli & grated cheese
Well that’s the list of delicious savoury toppings.
Ready for the list of sweet pancake toppings?
Sweet pancake topping ideas
Hop over to the next post for the list of super delicious sweet pancake ideas that will blow your mind… Sweet Pancake Toppings.
Other pancake, Mardi Gras and Lent related posts you might like…
Don’t forget to pop over to our Three Easy Pancake Batter Recipes post for the low-down on the BEST recipes for British, American and French style pancakes.
Plus, if you’re whipping up pancakes for Shrove Tuesday or Mardi Gras, you might also want to check out our Mardi Gras Activities for Kids post and our Things To Give Up for Lent post, with 30 ideas of things you and your family can kiss goodbye to whilst observing Lent.
Plus don’t forget to check out the list of healthy school day breakfast ideas, with pancakes in position number one on the list!
Pin to save: