I research and evaluate all recommended products and services. This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on links, I may receive compensation. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my commercial disclosure by clicking here.
Is your about to be a three-year-old’s birthday party just around the corner? Are you wondering what you can fill party bags with that isn’t just the usual old tat and junk?
Well, wonder no more. Somehow, over the years, I’ve managed to become something of a party bag and party favour ‘expert’ (My OG post on ideas for kids’ party bags is enduringly popular). Here’s a curation I’ve put together of some of the best party bag ideas for 3-year-olds.
21 PARTY BAG IDEAS FOR 3-YEAR-OLDS
- Eco-friendly packaged crayon sets
- Vintage Style Kaleidoscopes
- Make Your Own Superhero Mask Kit By Cotton Twist
- Kids Bamboo Toothbrushes
- abeec Small Colouring Books for Party Bag
- Cute Slap Bands
- PlayWrite Junior Gardener Set
- Mini U Bath Crayons
- Play-Doh Party Bag of 15 pots
- Rex London Wild Wonders Stickers
- Winking Mini Rubber Duck
- My First Complete Learning Library
- Make Your Own Unicorn Wand Kit By Cotton Twist
- AKH® Kids Garden Gloves
- 4 Pots Of Glittery Play Dough
- Freddie’s Farm Kids Snacks
- Cress Seeds
- Mr. Men Complete Collection Box Set
- Mini wooden vehicles
These sets of six crayons come in eco-friendly plain brown recycled packaging, which I think looks kinda cool. You get ten packs per bundle.
There are six kaleidoscopes in cute designs per set. Perfect for fun little party bag fillers.
These make-your-own mask kits are brilliant for three-year-olds to craft and then make. Give them as party favours or add them to party bags.
These brightly coloured organic, eco-friendly toothbrushes make great party bag fillers - and parents will love them too!
Dividing the 12 x A6 colouring books up between party bags is a very cost-effective filler idea.
Does anyone ever get over the novelty of slapping on a slap bracelet?! There are 30 in this set, so a brilliantly economical way of filling lots of party bags.
Bath crayons are a nice twist on regular crayons for goodie bags.
There are three sheets per pack. Be clever, cut them up and add a few stickers to each party bag.
There are 14 cute winking rubber ducks in this set, which is great value for popping into party bags.
There are 20 books in this library set that you can divide up between party bags.
This is a cute little unicorn wand crafting kit with which three-year-olds can get creative. It's perfect as a party favour or alternative to giving a party bag, especially for unicorn-themed parties.
These kids' gardening gloves are for ages 3+ and perfect for little kids messing around in the garden. The pairs of gloves can be bought individually or in a two-pack, which gives a little extra cost saving.
What is better than play dough? Glittery play dough!! You can buy this gorgeous Djeco play dough in sets of four pots. Divide them up and give them as individual party favours. Pop them in a clear cellophane bag and tie them to make them look fancier.
These are the cutest seed packets. Little kids are fascinated by watching their seeds grow.
The Mr Men Box Set is a great idea for party favours for kids parties. Buy a box set of books and divide it so you can give every child a book as a party favour. It's a great alternative to filling party bags. There are 48 books in the set, which makes it great value for money.
There are six cute mini wooden vehicles to divide up into party bags.
THE PARTY BAG FILLER BUYING GUIDE
Here’s a quick buying guide to help you make great choices when buying party bag fillers or favours for your three-year-old birthday party.
1. Age-Appropriate: The first and most crucial consideration should be whether the items are suitable for the age group. For 3-year-olds, ensure that there are no small pieces that could pose a choking hazard.
2. Safety Standards: Look for toys or items that meet safety standards. These should be free from toxic materials and should have smooth edges to prevent any harm.
3. Eco-Friendly: Consider choosing environmentally-friendly party bag filler options. This not only helps preserve the environment but also generally ensures products are free of harmful chemicals. I’ve got a whole post on eco-friendly party bag fillers.
4. Educational Value: If possible, choose items that offer some educational value, such as simple puzzles, books, or craft supplies that promote creativity and learning.
5. Fun Factor: Make sure the items you select will be fun for the kids. Think about what children of this age group typically enjoy. Things like stickers, colourful items, or character-based items can be big hits.
6. Durability: Consider how long the item will last. It’s better to give one or two high-quality items that will last a while than many that will break easily.
7. Practicality: Practical gifts can also be appreciated, especially by parents. Things like sippy cups, toothbrushes, or reusable snack bags can be great choices.
8. Allergy Considerations: If you’re giving food or cosmetic items, ensure they are allergy-friendly to cater to all guests. Avoid common allergens like nuts or gluten in snacks.
9. Cost-Effective: Parties can be expensive, so look for cost-effective items. Buying in bulk can often save money.
10. Ease of Wrapping/Packing: Finally, consider how easy it is to pack the items into a party bag. Too large, too small, or awkwardly shaped items may not work well.
Remember, the aim is to provide a small thank-you to the children attending the party, and the gifts don’t have to be extravagant. The most important thing is that the children have fun.
Luci is the founder of Mums Make Lists (Est. 2011). Over the last decade or so, she has used her experience as a mum to create useful guides to organising family life. During that time, she has found the most joy in creating lists of ideas and inspiration to make it easier for busy parents to plan and host kids’ parties and find great gifts. Read more.