I research and evaluate all recommended products and services. This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on links I may receive compensation. Please see my Amazon affiliate disclosure at the bottom of this page or click here
It is incredibly difficult to get gifts for teenagers right, so it stands to reason it is even harder to find party favours for teenagers that they will like and even think are cool (or should that be ‘leng’ if you have a UK teenager?!) but here is a list of 58 party favour ideas for teens that are sure to get that hard-to-achieve teen approval.
58 BIRTHDAY PARTY FAVOURS TEENAGERS WILL LOVE
I’ve put together a list of ideas that work for girls and boys and gender-neutral ideas that work for either. Clearly, you know your teen and their friends better than anyone, so I hope you will find plenty of inspiration for the perfect favours.
Before you scroll down to the list, take a look at my top tips for finding great party favours for teens.
TIPS FOR FINDING GREAT PARTY FAVOURS
If you thought it was hard work finding great presents for kids, it ain’t got nothing on trying to find gifts that get teen approval. So it is no wonder you’ve landed on this page if you are stumped trying to find favours that you feel confident your teen and their friends will actually like.
Here are some useful tips I’ve put together based on my experience shopping for gifts and favours for teens.
1. TIKTOK IS YOUR FRIEND
Teen trends have always moved quickly, but social media ensures they can blink and miss them, especially if you aren’t a teen! I use the teen social media channel du jour, TikTok, to discover the latest teen trends. It helps me put together my Christmas gift-buying list for my daughter and ensures every gift is a hit.
2. COVETABLE AND USEFUL WIN
Finding party favours that work for teens is next level. Gone are the days of stuffing party bags with an assortment of little bits. The favours that win favour with teens are the things they will actually use or covet.
Dupes (products that are like designer or high-end products at affordable prices) are particularly covetable for teen girls.
3. MATCH THE FAVOUR TO THE PARTY THEME
I’ve kept the list of ideas fairly generic. Match the item to the party theme to really create a party favour that packs a punch.
4. THE BEST STORES FOR TEEN PARTY FAVOURS
There are favour ideas for a range of price points on the list; you need to find the shop that sells a version that meets your budget. Here are some of my favourite places to hunt for great gifts and party favours for kids:
- Urban Outfitters
- And, of course… Amazon!
MY FAVOURITE PARTY FAVOURS FOR TEENS
Here is a little photo gallery of some of my current favourite teenage party favours for teens. Carry on scrolling down to see the full list of 58 ideas.
58 PARTY FAVOUR IDEAS FOR TEENS
Here is a list of the best 58 party favour ideas for teenagers that you can use for your teen girl’s or boy’s next birthday party. A single well-chosen item from a brand they love will surely be a hit. I hope you like the ideas:
- Lip balm
- Lip scrub
- Lip mask
- Face Masks – sheet masks like this Nip+Fab Bubble mask are super popular
- Glow Cube – super popular TikTok trend. There are even Glow Cube recipes
- Body spray
- Body lotion
- Body scrub
- Shower gel
- Mini make-up brush set
- Lip gloss
- Lip oil – Collection Lip Spa Oil is a current favourite with teen girls
- Face glow – E.L.F Halo Glow Liquid Filter is a super popular Hollywood Glow dupe
- Clear eyebrow gel
- Hair mask
- Cool hairbrush – this Lily England brush and comb set is very cool (leng!)
- Nail polish – go for the colour of the season (TikTok is great for teen trend intel)
- Nail stickers
- Mini manicure set – This Sephora mini manicure kit is super cute
- Hair scrunchie
- Cord and bead bracelet – teens love these little Ella Bartlett bracelets
- Sleep mask – these personalised sleep masks are gorgeous
- Fun gaming socks – these ‘Do Not Disturb’ socks are ace!
- Slipper socks
- Cool pair of socks (sports brands go down well)
- Graphic T-shirt
- Personalised T-shirt
- Personalized pillowcases
- Fluffy throw – perfect for snuggling in their bedrooms (endlessly!!)
- Fluffy cushion
- SquishMallow or Beanie Baby (a cute nostalgia for childhood creeps in when the teen years arrive)
- LED strip lights – my 13-year-old has these strip lights, and they really do make her room look great
- Gooseneck phone holder – my 13-year-old has this holder. It’s much better for her posture
- Mini succulent pot plant
- Cute candle – How about this ‘This Candle Smells Like Harry Styles‘ soy wax candle?!!
- Giant chocolate bar
- Hot chocolate bomb
- Novelty chocolates – these kettlebell chocolates work for sporty kids
- Flavoured popcorn
- Box of Jelly Bellys
- Water bottle
- Reusable boba tea cup and straw
- Build on Brick Lego cup – this is great for kids of ALL ages!
- Cute keyring
- Pop Socket
- Blank journal
- Inspirational book
- Graphic novel – Paper Girls is even more popular since the Streaming TV series launched in 2022
- Gel pens
- Card games
- Sports cards
- Brain teaser games
- Mini drone
- Stress ball or toy
- Guitar pick punch
- Cool skateboard wheels
DO YOU NEED TO DO PARTY FAVOURS FOR TEENS?
Do you need to do party favours for teenagers? Are they even necessary? The simple answer is no. You absolutely don’t, and luckily the days of having to come up with creative ideas for filling party bags are behind you.
However, in my experience, the early teen years see the size of the parties or birthday gatherings shrink to close friends (ahead of them ramping back up again for the later teen years). So it can be a nice touch to give your teen’s friends a little something to say thank you for helping to celebrate your teen’s birthday.
OVER TO YOU
Party favours for teenagers aren’t essential but can make the birthday celebration even more special. With so many ideas on the list above, I feel confident you will find something that will be a hit with your teen and their friends.
Whether it’s something practical like lip balm or something fun like a mini drone, there is sure to be something that will make your teen’s birthday party one to remember!
Luci is the founder of Mums Make Lists. She has written about all aspects of organising family life for ten years. Her main areas of expertise are family finance and budgeting, simplifying housekeeping and family admin and kids’ party planning. Read more.