Planning your newborn shopping list can be overwhelming. So here’s a list of the essential you need for a new baby.
Newborn shopping list
Putting together a shopping list for a newborn baby can feel overwhelming.
Especially if you are trying to save money ahead of maternity leave.
Use this newborn shopping list to create your own newborn baby starter kit.
It’s this newborn starter kit that will see you through the first few months of your baby’s life.
I’ve added in a free copy and save google sheet with budget tracker at the end of this post.
But first, a top newborn shopping tip
You don’t have to be part of Amazon Prime to use the Wishlist, but Prime will give you super fast delivery plus a whole host of other benefits.
The most brilliant things about the Wishlist are that you can…
- add things from ANY website, not just Amazon
- keep track of what you’ve bought and what you need to buy in one place
- share the list with friends and family or for a baby shower
- save up to 20% on baby stuff
- get a free gift when you sign up
I can’t tell you the number of times Amazon Prime has saved my sanity over the years.
So if you want to be the most organised new mum in the world ever…. try Amazon Prime for 30 days for FREE
Newborn baby essentials shopping list
- 8 x babygrows / all-in-ones
- 8 x vests
- 2 x cardigans
- 1 x coat or snowsuit
- 1 x cosy hat
- Non-bio laundry detergent
NAPPIES AND CHANGING
- 84 x newborn size disposable nappies OR
- 15 x reusable nappies + nappy bucket
- 1 x nappy sacks pack
- 4x baby wipes packs – dry and eco-friendly
- 1 x nappy bin – I can’t rate the Sangenic nappy disposal bin highly enough, it’s a total lifesaver
- 1 x changing mat
- 1 x nappy changing cream – I’m (well my daughter) a massive fan of Weleda Baby Calendula nappy change cream
- 2 x nursing bras – Marks and Spencer and John Lewis are both so reliable for nursing bras
- 2 x breast pads
- 1 x nipple cream – I absolutely swear by Weleda Baby Calendula Nipple Cream
- 1 x bottle feeding kit – worth getting a basic kit even if you plan on solely breastfeeding
- 1 x set of bibs
- 1 x breast pump set
- 1 x Moses basket or baby hammock – we had an Amby baby hammock, I swear it’s why we had a baby who could go six hours overnight from 4 weeks old.
- 1 x baby monitor
- 1 x sleeping bag or swaddler – we absolutely loved our Gro Company GroBag sleeping bags
- 1 x blackout curtain – The Gro Company gro anywhere blackout blind with suction cups is beyond brilliant
- 1 x baby bath
- 1 x bottle baby cleanser
- 1 x Baby flannels pack
- 1 x soft sponge
- 2 x baby towels – the towels with the hoods are great
- 1 x pram or pushchair
- 1 x baby blanket – John Lewis has some gorgeous ones
- 1 x rain cover for pram or pushchair – buy the one that goes with your pram or pushchair brand
- 1 x baby sling or carrier
- 1 x car seat – make sure to choose one that fits with your pram or pushchair system
- 1 x blinds for car back windows
OTHER NEWBORN ESSENTIALS
- 1 x changing bag
- 2 x muslin square packs – SO multi-purpose
- 1 x ear thermometer – the Braun Thermoscan is brilliant
- 1 x baby nail scissors
Free copy and save baby list with budget tracker
I’ve created a google sheet newborn baby shopping list with a budget tracker.
Don’t worry, there’s no email sign up to access it.
Here’s what it looks like:
Simply click the link, then follow the instructions to copy and save that copy.
Access shopping list here: Newborn baby shopping list open and copy
I hope this baby list helps you get started with gathering the essentials together in time for the arrival of your newborn baby.
Want more to read?
How about starting with a post on the essential baby toys to buy during your baby’s first 12 months. There are SO many toys out there, so I’ve put together a list of the ones that are genuine winners and will help support your baby learn and develop their skills.
There is also a post on the best building toys for babies, toddlers and young children. Building toys are a great investment as they will be used for many years.
I’ve also got a bunch of other posts in the PREGNANCY section I think you might find useful in the run up to giving birth.
Plus another bunch for once you’ve given birth in the NEW MUM AND BABY section.
Pin to save for later: