I research and evaluate all recommended products and services. This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on links, I may receive compensation. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my commercial disclosure by clicking here.
There are so many things to think about when planning a kids party and finding a great party venue is one of the biggies. So I’ve put together a big list of kids party venue ideas.
What I’ve done is break down the list into category of venue, so that hopefully you’ll find a great birthday party venue idea that will spark your interest and help you find the perfect venue for your next kids party.
6 KIDS PARTY VENUE IDEAS
There is a lot to be said for hosting your child’s birthday party away from home.
- Space isn’t an issue
- The mess happens outside your home
- You don’t need to worry about kids marauding around your whole home
- It’s much easier to contain the party to a set amount of time
But sometimes it’s hard to think up a great party venue idea.
Especially if you don’t want to double-up on what other parents have done before.
So here’s a list of some really great birthday party venue ideas.
There are venue ideas on the list for every age, from toddlers through to teens.
Some are just locations and venues, others are where the venue and entertainment are all part of the package.
Hopefully some of these venue ideas will help you decide on a theme for the party.
These are generic ideas, but almost every city, town or village has at least a few of these kinds of venues.
Have a read of the list and see if there are any venues that spark your imagination.
BRILLIANT KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTY VENUE IDEAS
1. SPORTY VENUES
Now these locations and venues are brilliant for sporty kids with lots of energy – they are also real parent pleasers, who doesn’t love that there child is being given some exercise whilst being entertained?!
- Bowling alley
- Trampoline centre
- Mini golf
- Laser quest
- Paint balling
- Roller disco – local sports centres sometimes run roller disco events or offer them for parties
- Ice skating rink
- Soft play centre – either your local community soft play centre or something like Gymboree
- Horse riding – own a pony morning or a led hack
- Swimming pool
- Local football club – even some Premier league clubs offer tours and kids’ parties
- Tennis club
- Climbing wall or climbing centre
- Cycling park
2. CREATIVE VENUES
- Build-A-Bear – my daughter did this with five friends for her 8th birthday party and they all LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. Find out more here BuildABear UK and here BuildABear USA
- Pottery making or painting
- Forest school
- Craft workshop
- Music workshop or studio
- Recording studio session – the kids get to record their own pop song – my daughter has been to a party like this, the experience was AMAZING, though the ‘pop group’ they formed was less so 😉
- Performance workshops
- Group dance session
- Karaoke room
- Circus school
- Special shout out to Lush – my daughter has been to two parties at Lush, they are always a big hit
3. FOODIE VENUES
- Pizza making
- Chocolate making
- Cookery workshop
…AND JUST EATING VENUES
Well here’s a thing. I’d say these kind of parties are essentially lunch or dinner parties, so they work better for children from tween age upwards.
- Pizza parlour
- Ice cream or dessert parlour
- Burger bar
- Themed restaurants
4. CLASSIC PARTY VENUE FUN
I love taking it back to the old school! Who doesn’t secretly love an amusement arcade?!
- Amusement arcade – down at the seaside for added fun
- Amusement park – Alton Towers, LegoLand etc
- The zoo or wildlife park
- National Trust properties
- Animal experience
- City farm or country farm (!)
- Private cinema screening
- Theatre show
5. OUTWARD BOUNDS
- Youth hosteling
- Family activity centre
6. GREAT BUDGET KIDS PARTY VENUE IDEAS
Now, the weather being what it is in the UK, these outdoor party venues and locations will be very weather dependent.
But if you plan seasonal activities or party games you can still use an outdoor space in the UK when it’s not a hot sunny day.
- Local park or playground
- The woods
- The beach
- Local community centre or village hall
- Church hall
- Local library
- Public art galleries
- Public museums
- Skateboarding park
- Shopping mall
I hope there’s something in this list to spark your imagination and help you get that venue booked for your child’s next party.
MORE KIDS PARTY POSTS
- KIDS PARTY PLANNING HOME
- 22 Best kids party games for indoors and outdoors
- Kids party planning tips
- 30 Best party games for kids
- Best party bag ideas
- Pre-filled party bag ideas
- Free pin the tail printables
- Kids’ party venue ideas
- Best craft kits for kids’ parties
- Ideas for a unicorn themed kids’ birthday party
- Super easy kids’ party snacks
- How to host a simple kids’ birthday party
- Kids’ party theme ideas
- How to get kids’ party food right
Pin to save:
And checkout my Kids Party Pinterest board for more party ideas.
Luci is the founder of Mums Make Lists (Est. 2011). Over the last decade or so, she has used her experience as a mum to create useful guides to organising family life. During that time, she has found the most joy in creating lists of ideas and inspiration to make it easier for busy parents to plan and host kids’ parties and find great gifts. Read more.