This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Amazon affiliate disclosure at the bottom of this page or click here.
Here’s a roundup of the best craft kits for kids’ parties. Craft party kits make throwing a kids’ birthday party so much easier and the craft doubles up as a party favour!
CRAFT PARTIES MAKE GREAT KIDS’ BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Craft parties make great birthday parties for kids. They are pretty straight-forward to plan and to keep on budget with. In fact, there are many reasons I love craft parties for kids:
- A craft party is a great way to create a calmer kind of party experience for kids and parents alike
- They are a great way for kids’ to interact, especially if the guests don’t all know each other well or some are shy
- Craft parties can lend themselves to any budget, big or small
- The craft becomes the party favour instead of needing a separate party bag
- Craft party guest lists can be scaled up or down
You can hire a party entertainment company, like Oglee Poglee (who also make gorgeous craft kits) to run the craft party for you. But if you don’t want to hire anyone, you can still save time and effort by investing in a set of craft party kits. All the creative thinking has been done for you. You just need to set out the kits and be on hand to help out if the kids need you.
Here’s a roundup of some of the loveliest craft kits you can use for kids’ birthday parties.
THE BEST CRAFT PARTY KITS FOR KIDS’
1. Splat Planet Colour-in T-Shirt and Wash Out T-Shirt
These Splat Planet colour-in and wash-out T-shirts make a great craft party activity for younger kids.
The kids can colour in the black and white outline using the six non-toxic washable magic pens. Once the 100% cotton T-shirt is washed the colouring in magically disappears and the T-shirt can be coloured in all over again.
It’s the craft activity gift that keeps on giving!
There are myriad different designs to choose from, so there’s plenty of opportunities to find a T-shirt that matches the most popular kids’ party themes, including:
- Zoo animals
- and more…
Decopatch mini animal kits are simply gorgeous. They include everything you need to transform an animal maché shape into a cute and colourful ornament.
The kits include a maché animal, two Decopatch papers, one Decopatch glue pot and a Decopatch brush. So you will need to order one kit per child.
Decopatch mini animal kits come with the following animals:
3. SOCK creature CRAFT KITS
These delightfully bright sock creature craft kits by Sock Creatures UK on Etsy are made to order but don’t worry, they are seriously budget-friendly. They contain everything each party guest will need to make their own adorable sock creature.
Children under 12 may require adult supervision as there is sewing involved, so do bear this in mind with guest list size and also the age of the kids. You will need to order one kit per child.
Each kit includes materials to decorate the sock creature to make it completely individual plus a birth certificate and some sweets that can be munched whilst the kit is being made.
The creature sock kits come for the following animals:
- Sausage dog
4. Sweetie Jewellery Party Activity Box
Craft & Crumb’s sweetie jewellery making party activity box is perfect for parties at home or sleepovers. What child won’t love making and munching their very own jewellery!
The kit boxes can be personalised for the party, with the birthday child’s name on the front.
Each kit contains enough sweets and rainbow string to create jewellery for five children.
5. BAKING KITS
Craft & Crumb also make some delicious baking kits for kids’ parties. The kits can be personalised for the party. Each kit comes with everything the kids need to make, bake and decorate a variety of cookie and biscuit shapes, including:
6. JEWELLERY MAKING KIT
These charm jewellery making kits by Tiny Treat Boutique on Notonthehighstreet.com are designed for children aged 8+, as kids need to be able to handle the tiny pieces. You will also need access to an over to oven-cure the charms, so this is maybe a craft activity best suited to the home.
The kits can be customised by choosing from five different types of charms to be included.
Our birthday party jewellery craft kit can be customised for the perfect party activity for creative kids to make tiny treat necklaces and keyrings.
Each kit comes with everything the kids need to decorate their charms, including tiny sprinkles, sweets, fruit and vegetable slices, pepperoni and flowers. Once the charms are decorated, they can be added to necklaces and keyrings.
7. HELLO BEE CRAFT KITS
These beautiful craft boxes from Bee Box on Etsy are designed for kids aged 3+. They are perfect for keeping little hands busy at a craft party. You will need to buy an individual kit for each party guest.
The kits contain everything little kids need to craft and paint their own ornament or piece of jewellery, including a handmade plaster character, paints and a brush, beads and charms.
There’s a wide range, here are some of my favourites:
- Unicorn craft kit – plaster unicorn and unicorn charm jewellery
- Dinosaur magnets – set of three
- Super chunky name letters – prices based on number of letters
- Bug magnets – set of three
8. OglEE POGLEE CRAFT KITS
Oglee Poglee makes the most beautiful craft kits for kids’ parties. They have a small but perfectly formed selection of kits:
CRAFT PARTY PLANNING TIPS
Here are some simple craft party planning tips to help you plan and host a kids’ craft party:
- Consider the age of the children to make sure the craft or crafts are age-appropriate
- Decide on whether there will be a single craft or a selection of crafts around a theme
- Try the craft yourself to make sure it works and isn’t going to be a nightmare to supervise or to finish
- Time the making of the craft so you can plan other party activities to make sure you don’t end up with a bunch of kids looking expectantly at you once they’ve all finished the craft
- Be aware that with larger guest lists there will be some disparity between how long it takes for the kids to complete the craft. Make sure there’s something to occupy kids who finish fast
- Make sure your venue is craft appropriate – or make sure your craft is venue appropriate! Some craft parties can be done at home or need to be done at home. For example, cooking based crafts, where the kids will need access to a kitchen. Some crafts will be fine for doing at a hired venue. Some crafts are better off done outside and others can only be done inside.
- Do a brief demo or give a brief explanation about the craft to get the kids focused on what they are doing
Not sure you’re going to go down the craft party route? Take a look at my big list of alternative kids party bag filler and favour ideas, ideas that are big on creativity and low on plastic and junk!
MORE KIDS PARTY POSTS
- KIDS PARTY PLANNING HOME
- Kids party planning tips
- 30 Best party games for kids
- Best party bag ideas
- Pre-filled party bag ideas
- Free pin the tail printables
- Kids’ party venue ideas
- Best craft kits for kids’ parties
- Ideas for a unicorn themed kids’ birthday party
- Super easy kids’ party snacks
- How to host a simple kids’ birthday party
- Kids’ party theme ideas
- How to get kids’ party food right
Pin to save: